Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tilapia

Day 54 - I don't particularly care for seafood.  It's surprising really, considering I'm a Maritimer.  But I am slowly adding fish into my diet for the health benefits.  I have at least one fish based lunch a week (I am addicted to the Spicy Thai Chili tuna cans on rye crackers with some mayo.  YUM!!), and am starting to add in a supper option too.

Last week at the grocery store I bought 2 packs of fish.  Tilapia (pictured) and salmon (yet to be tried).  The instruction are to take a serving out of the freezer and place in a pot of boiling water for 8 mins.  The serving is in a bag with the seasonings and dressing, just serve with whatever you'd like.  Simple enough.

Tonight I made the tilapia and served it over a cup of brown rice with some warmed zucchini pieces, mini corn cobs and tomato.  Not bad!  I could definitely eat it again.  Now to try it on the kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment